The Lava Challenge – Play Golf in Iceland in the Midnight Sun June 20th-21st 2016!!!
The Lava Challenge is a 36 hole tournament, played on two of the most prestigious courses Iceland has to offer; at Keilir Golf Club and Oddur Golf Club. During the months of June and July the sun only sits for a brief moment during the night which gives ample light to play golf through midnight and into the early hours of the morning. Midnight golf in Iceland is an incredible golfing experience, which many golfers from around the world come to enjoy.
Lava puts a large mark on both courses and offers an exciting experience for golfers. The Lava Challenge takes place in the third week of June each year.
The Lava Challenge is a tournament open to professional and amateur golfers with a valid handicap. It is played under the Stableford point system. Scratch and handicap prizes will be awarded. In the event of a tied score, a sudden death will take place and repeated until there is a winner. Maximum handicap for men is 24 and 28 for women. Any competitors with higher handicap will compete with the handicap above.
09.30 Opening reception and dinner
22.00 Tee off, Shotgun start
03.00 “Early breakfast”
22.00 Tee off. Shotgun start
03.00 Closing ceremony and awards with
Entry fee US $450.- includes:
• Opening reception and dinner
• Closing ceremony
• A Lava Challenge memento
By CLICKING HERE you get the registration form
- June. 13. 2018 | 02:00 The Arctic Open on June 20th-June 23rd 2018
- March. 16. 2018 | 21:00 Victory for Ragnhildur at Pinehurst!!!
- March. 8. 2018 | 21:00 Guðrún Brá in the footsteps of Eddie Pepperell
- February. 26. 2018 | 07:00 LET: Valdís Þóra in 3rd Place at the Ladies Classic Bonville in Australia!!!
- February. 18. 2018 | 18:00 Icelandic names and naming practice
- February. 7. 2018 | 08:00 The Challenge Tours profile of Axel Bóasson
- February. 7. 2018 | 07:00 “Anything is possible in Iceland” – Letter w/hand-drawn map instead of address arrives at its destination
- February. 7. 2018 | 04:00 Valdís Þóra took part in the Oates Vic Open
- February. 7. 2018 | 03:00 About the PGA of Iceland
- February. 6. 2018 | 18:00 Ólafía Þórunn finished T-26 in the Pure Silk Bahamas LPGA Classic
- February. 5. 2018 | 10:00 Axel and Ólafía Þórunn elected Golfers of the Year 2017 by the Icelandic Golf Union
- February. 5. 2018 | 05:00 An ace in Iceland – History of the Einherja Club
- February. 4. 2018 | 06:00 „We both got guns Jon Rahm”
- January. 25. 2018 | 15:00 Ólafía Þórunn Sportsperson of the Year 2017 in Iceland
- January. 5. 2018 | 10:00 Introducing: The President of the Icelandic Golf Union – Haukur Örn Birgisson